It was normal before

Yesterday, it was time to go to Costco.
It was usually a boring trip, which none of really wanted to do. Now it is getting scary. 

Since the lockdown started, I was always at home. Went out to Walmart and Costco one time each. Then it was always hubby who do shopping. 

The stores were having line ups, and shoppers were asked to follow physical distancing. It is all due to Corona Virus. 
Yesterday, I was reading Mean Queen blog, and she was talking about how stressful it is!

Costco had several carts chained on the front. It was not to be taken. Don't know why!

So hubby had to go to back to the parking lot and get one. He then wiped the handle with hand sanitizer. We were wearing masks. Many shoppers were having masks as well. the employees were also having masks. There was a board telling shoppers, they have no hand sanitizers or gloves or anti bacterial disinfectants. 

We were there for food shopping. I got apples, bananas, bread and milk. I bought 3 packets of bread. Two are going in to the freezer. Then we bought chicken thighs and ground beef. Few bags of chips and some crackers as well. I still have all the frozen veggies in freezer. My rice is going down. So, bought another pack of rice as well. 
Last time when we were there, people were buying only food items and paper products. This time some people were actually in the clothing section. They have plexiglass shields near the counter. Everybody is very careful not to bump on any one. People were very carefully following the social distancing. Very few people have no face covering. 

We didn't venture out to shop at Walmart even though we don't have fresh veggies at home. I will have to do with frozen mixed vegetables for another week. I have dried beans and canned beans as well. May be next week, I can get fresh veggies. 

After reaching home, I wiped all the packages with Lysol wipes. Our jackets were wiped before hanging inside closet. I sprayed disinfectant on the shoes as well. 

Yes, it is stressful to go out for shopping or anything. The fear of getting sick is real. That is the new normal during this pandemic, I guess.





Comments