Trying 3RS: reduce, reuse and recycle



During the time of pandemic, we learn that world is less polluted because people are staying home. Less cars on the roads and nature became happy!
I was always thinking of ways to reduce waste by reusing things I have. I collected plastic containers from store bought items and reuse them for my pantry.
When I bought plants, I reused the nursery pots to grow my own set of plants. Those pots were used to grow pea plants.
I found that garlic netting can be used for scrubbing pots and pans.

The white netting gets dry faster and don't smell like the sponge. It is lasting more than a week now.
Now I have a tiny backyard, and starting a small garden. Watering the plants is an issue. There is no water taps outside in the garden. To install a tap, we need to call the plumber. I am not sure, I will continue gardening the coming years. Right now, I am stuck at home and time to do experimenting. That make me reluctant to invest money on plumbing now.
I got 2 empty laundry detergent bottles and dish detergent bottle. Both are 4L ones. I washed them well remove soap residue and use them to carry water to the yard. Aha! I got a solution for the problem now. Good thing : I didn't buy anything new and no trip to the shop!!
A little thing here and a little thing there, it will add up. Several people doing little things to reduce waste, can make a huge impact!

What do you think?

Comments